The Episode in 60 Seconds
What drives inequality in Switzerland?
- Historical factors such as the absence of a total war which shook up societal structures in other European countries.
- Expensive childcare and unequal career development paths
- Venture capital dominated by men
How can we tackle inequality?
- Subsidized child care would be desirable, but is in the end a tax payer decision.
- Extended parental leave for both parents
- Role models and communities
Quotas: yay or nay?
- Quotas can be a powerful instrument if used wisely.
- Quotas alone aren’t enough. Coaching and mentoring is required for those who are supposed to fill them.
- A team which resembles the customer base which it builds products for will build better products.