The Episode in 60 Seconds
What drives inequality in Switzerland?
- Historical factors such as the absence of a total war which shook up societal structures in other European countries.
- Expensive childcare and unequal career development paths
- Venture capital dominated by men
How can we tackle inequality?
- Subsidized child care would be desirable, but is in the end a tax payer decision.
- Extended parental leave for both parents
- Role models and communities
Quotas: yay or nay?
- Quotas can be a powerful instrument if used wisely.
- Quotas alone aren’t enough. Coaching and mentoring is required for those who are supposed to fill them.
- A team which resembles the customer base which it builds products for will build better products.
Don’t forget to give us a follow on our Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Linkedin accounts, so you can always stay up to date with our latest initiatives. That way, there’s no excuse for missing out on live shows, weekly give-aways or founders dinners!