1:43 – What common mistakes do Swiss companies make in the B2B sales area?
10:14 – How to get the contact details of future customers
18:49 – Is there such a thing as too many follow-ups with clients?
26:21 – Selling something before it even exists
37:06 – The best sales team set-up
The Episode In 60 Seconds
Lars Mangelsdorf is one of the co-founders of Yokoy, an expense automating tool.
The ABC of B2B sales
– Consider a mix of standardized outreach via cold emails and personalized strategies via phone or more creative means (ever thought about sending your prospects a shoe?)
– Don’t pitch your product upon first contact. Ask questions about your customer’s pain points and wishes.
– Don’t just demo all your features. Know what will create value for this specific customer.
– If possible, demo on-site to establish a more personal relationship.
– Even if you can’t convince the customer, ask for a referral to someone else in the industry.
Tools to help you close:
– LinkedIn Sales Navigator
– Soap Box
Documents you need:
– Data security whitepaper
– 1-pager of your product
– Testimonials of happy customers, if possible
KPIs of your sales team:
– Accounts Receivable vs target
– Conversion rates after first meeting. 30% would be desirable
– Diversified leads: ⅓ big accounts, ⅔ small / medium accounts