1:43 – What common mistakes do Swiss companies make in the B2B sales area?
10:14 – How to get the contact details of future customers
18:49 – Is there such a thing as too many follow-ups with clients?
26:21 – Selling something before it even exists
37:06 – The best sales team set-up
The Episode In 60 Seconds
The ABC of B2B sales
– Consider a mix of standardized outreach via cold emails and personalized strategies via phone or more creative means (ever thought about sending your prospects a shoe?)
– Don’t pitch your product upon first contact. Ask questions about your customer’s pain points and wishes.
– Don’t just demo all your features. Know what will create value for this specific customer.
– If possible, demo on-site to establish a more personal relationship.
– Even if you can’t convince the customer, ask for a referral to someone else in the industry.
Documents you need:
– Data security whitepaper
– 1-pager of your product
– Testimonials of happy customers, if possible
KPIs of your sales team:
– Accounts Receivable vs target
– Conversion rates after first meeting. 30% would be desirable
– Diversified leads: ⅓ big accounts, ⅔ small / medium accounts
Don’t forget to give us a follow on our Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Linkedin accounts, so you can always stay up to date with our latest initiatives. That way, there’s no excuse for missing out on live shows, weekly give-aways or founders dinners!