The Episode in 60 Seconds
Thinking about bootstrapping? Jutta Jertrum has done it and here are some of the points to consider:
- Bootstrapping usually means higher independence in exchange for fast growth.
- It may take longer until you pay yourself a salary, since any money comes directly out of the company’s cash flow.
Getting your partner on-board
- Starting a business can strain a relationship, particularly the financial aspects. Do not underestimate this and address it with your partner early on.
- In an ideal situation, a partner can provide the financial support to cover the monthly living expenses. This should however not be expected or taken for granted.
- Reference clients and authentic customer testimonials are some of the most powerful tools for client acquisition.
- If your offer is declined, always ask why. Don’t be afraid to try again.
- Awards and startup competitions are a great way to get the word out there, gain credibility and free PR.
This episode is brought to you by Blinkist.
Don’t forget to give us a follow on our Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Linkedin accounts, so you can always stay up to date with our latest initiatives. That way, there’s no excuse for missing out on live shows, weekly give-aways or founders dinners!