The Episode In 60 Seconds
Know your competitive landscape
- Keep in mind that most tech products compete on a global scale
- Take a holistic view: the same needs can be met with different approaches. They are still your competitors.
- Be aware when you are switching from up-start to incumbent and when it’s time to scan for acquisition targets yourself.
Why companies acquire other companies
- To create synergies with, expand, improve, etc. their existing business.
- To protect their existing business from competition.
- The latter tends to be a stronger driver than the former.
How to approach competitors
- Approach the CEO, even if it is a much larger company.
- Demonstrate how you will be a threat to their existing business.
- Be aware that your competitor may be facing internal resistance against an approach which was “not invented here”.
Don’t forget to give us a follow on our Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Linkedin accounts, so you can always stay up to date with our latest initiatives. That way, there’s no excuse for missing out on live shows, weekly give-aways or founders dinners!